Concepts such as "just-in-time" and "just-in-sequence" are everyday reality for the automotive industry. Beside these concepts there are other high quality requirements and norms which must be adhered to in different regions, all over the world.
These elements demand process-oriented IT solutions such as ZEISS GUARDUS, which can support all processes belonging to Quality and Production Management:
"If we had further kept this procedure, the already high personnel effort would have exploded in order to meet the increased demands of the First Tier Supplier in the CIP. Through the implementation of GUARDUS we could counteract the increasing pressure and the man power did not have to increase, a fact which otherwise would have be unavoidable.”
Dr. Roland Schmelzle
mefro wheels GmbH
- A central process-oriented system for Machine Data Acqusition, Production Data Acquisition and Computer Aided Quality functionalities
- Compliance with the quality norms according to DIN EN ISO 9001, as well as to ISO/TS 16949
- Process stability through continuous inspections which accompany the manufacturing process (SPC-procedures)
- Prompt online information for the workers up to the manager (Ex: OEE)
- Integration of Action Management, 8D-reporting and key performance indicators (KPI)
- ERP/PPS integration provides automated confirmations along the value-adding chain.
- Traceability (TRA) through all stages of production up to the raw material: Top-Down- and Bottom-Up-approach