1.13. 8D Report
The 8D report is a well-established instrument for optimum support of the continuous improvement process. Supplier complaints, internal error notifications, customer complaints, as well as problems that are not related to the product can trigger an 8D report. The description of the problem, the assignment of responsibilities, as well as the root cause analyses and the consequent pursuit of actions are fully supported by the 8D report of ZEISS GUARDUS. The 8D report contains easily accessible functions which allow for the necessary communication between departments and the information exchange with the external agents (suppliers, prolonged workbench, and client). These functions permit the direct exporting of the reports systematically in a predefined Excel form and the automatic import of the completed data.
- Transparency Regarding the Work Progress of '8D'
- Development of a Knowledge Database with all Deviations and Actions
- Performance Indicators Underlining the Improvement Potentials
- More Efficiency in the Fulfilment of the Customers Requirements
- Continuity from the Customer up to the Supplier
- Integration of External Partners via Export/Import Functions and WEB Access